Track & Field/Cross Country
WHO WE ARE
We are the University at Buffalo Men’s and Women’s Track & Field/Cross Country Team. With over 100 student-athletes on our team, we comprise 1/5th of the entire student-athlete body at the University at Buffalo! We reentered the NCAA Division I level in 1999. Since then, our program has grown exponentially breaking nearly every school record, producing Mid-American Conference Champions, NCAA All-Americans, and our very first NCAA National Champion. In addition, our team has excelled in the classroom with All-MAC Academic Honors, District Academic All-Americans, and earning US Track & Field/Cross Country Coaches Association All-Academic Team Honors. We are committed to building the tradition of excellence both in the classroom and on the track/field. Our goal is to bring home UB’s first ever Mid-American Conference TEAM Championship in both Cross Country and Track & Field.
WHY WE ARE RAISING FUNDS
To compete with the best and strive towards our goal of the Mid-American Conference Title, we need to enhance the training opportunities as well as the facility environment for our student-athletes. To train the best, we need the equipment to aid our student-athletes and coaches to be the most productive with our time allowed for practice. The training equipment we have identified will allow our team to be more efficient with practice, more effective with our training plan, and aid recovery between training sessions. Improving our training conditions will lead to better results, and help us move towards our goal of bring the MAC Team Championship to Buffalo!
Our fund raising goals include an outdoor storage shed, hurdles, an adjustable steeplechase water barrier, a NormaTec Recovery System, and new record boards/All-American Wall. How does this help us win?
- A storage shed will allow our team to securely store equipment at our throwing venue, and protect it from the weather elements. It will increase their time allotted to practice and improve the quality of their experience at practice.
- Hurdles are an essential part of our daily training sessions, as well as hosting competitions at our stadium. Ten new hurdles will allow another full lane on the track to be used for both practice and competition.
- An adjustable steeplechase water jump barrier is essential to host track & Field meets at our stadium, and to allow both the men and the women to practice and compete at their respective steeplechase height.
- The NormaTec Pulse Leg Recovery System is one of the best new recovery aids available using compressed air to massage, mobilize fluid, and speed recovery. NormaTec allows the athletes to recovery faster between training and competition sessions. Our program will benefit by having the NormaTec system for travel at competitions, as well as following daily training sessions.
- Record Boards and All-American Wall will allow us to display the incredible accomplishments of our student-athletes past, present, and future! The record boards and All-American Wall will aid in creating a championship environment.
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
We are dedicated to creating the best environment for our student-athletes and coaches to help us bring home the MAC Championship Team Title. We need YOUR help to get the equipment needed so our student-athletes can train at the highest and most effective level. With each contribution, YOU are helping us get closer to our goal. YOU are making a direct impact on the performance of our team! All gifts are tax-deductible and every gift helps! GO BULLS!